Saturday, January 26, 2008

Back from Dead - As a Gunslinger and Boxer

Yo! I had been gone for some time. So, anyone missed me?
what...what are you saying? oh...you didn't even notice I was gone.

Anyway, lot of exciting stuff happened....thought I will share one 'Stupid a.k.a Boxer' story and one 'Dream Come true a.k.a Gunslinger' story.

'Stupid a.k.a Boxer'

This is how the story goes. One day we find a nice beer store which serves more than 150 kinds of beer. We see Paulaner, Spaten and a ton of other German, Belgium and Swedish brands. As expected, we go crazy, buy large cases of beer and started chugging.

One idiot, Sathish, starts punching my stomach for no reason. If you drink or have friends who drink, you will understand this is the first sign of alcohol starting to kill brain cells. At this point my brain cell count is dangerously low and I am egging him to hit me with his full force. By now, the other two idiots who were watching wants to join the fun and starts punching my stomach.

Soon, the discussion turns into who has the best punch. Please remember, at this point there are 4 guys in the room with very high alcohol and stupidity level. So we decided to punch the closet door and see who can break it. I go first and break the door in the first attempt. But, the guys won't let me have my glory. They say the door was very easy and they don't have 3 more closet doors to prove their strength. Valid point though.

The fridge that was standing very close to the coat closet caught our attention. It was decided that all four of us will punch the fridge in 4 different places and whoever gets the bigger dent is the winner. Babu goes and fails. After him Pankaj goes and fails too. Now, its my turn. I am afraid I might also loose. So, I let it fly......BOOOOOM....there is this nice dent on the freezer. Two of my knuckles had made a nice impression.

The next day morning I find out I have a broken hand. The doctor says it will not heal itself and we need to screw a plate...and also put a screw in my head to tighten my brain...Anyway, while waiting for the doctor, there was a poster in the room detailing all kinds of hand fracture. It said the kind of fracture I got, usually happens to Boxers and so its called Boxer Fracture. Now, do I have to spell it out that it was the proudest moment in my life :)



'Dream Comes true a.k.a Gunslinger'

I have always wanted to fire a gun and today it became true. We rented a Glock 34 and headed for the shooting range. It was amazing. We had the ear muffs on and still it was loud. None of those atom bombs you blasted on Diwali will prepare you for this day. The recoil was strong. I don't how people can become a marksman with that much recoil. But, it was everything I dreamed off. It was powerful and intoxicating. A pic for you.


7 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

OMG!! Enactment of Fight club eh? Hope your hand gets better soon.

I ahve a thing for guns.No idea about a Glock 34, but used to shoot with a rifle.(my bro is crazy about them and I'm competitive--anything he can do i can do too!!) :-)

And as regards the fringe benefit--obviously it was exagerrated for a few laughs :-) So dont worry--and dont call your mom!! (Smiled so much after reading your comment!Thanks!)

Adiya said...

thalai superb .. kalakuinga..
amma... kalyana mapillai eppadi ellam boxing pannuna ponna pavam sir.

Gayathri said...

LOL at your boxer fracture story!

Wyvern said...

PS - So, you were kidding...aiyo..nan bayanthe poiten. 'Enactment of Fight club' - nothing close to that. one of the donkies wanted to kick me in my stomach though. Idiot:)

Adiya - figura ellam poo pola parthupom illa

welcome Gayathri...neenga LOL'ku thane nanga kaiya udaichikurom....nalla siringa :)

Gayathri said...

Thanni adichitu fridge a odaikirennu kaiya odachikittadhu neenga. Idhulla naanga siricha thappa? :P
BTW, naanga sirikinumnudhaaney adha paththi post pannirukeenga. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nothing happened to your stomach?

Vidya said...

Dude, how is your hand now? I was laughing out loud when I read this post! You live in NY City, all you had to do was to walk out in the open and punch the first "bad guy", who you will invariably run into in less than 6.5 minutes!. You might have been awarded a medal from NYPD!

Vidya